The evaluation license is accessible at https://www.opensvc.com/init/static/eval/evaluation_agreement.txt.
The provisioning template targets a Linux deployment on a server/cluster meeting the following requirements:
- Linux kernel >= 3.8
- 12 GB available in a storage pool
- sudo rules to execute opensvc agent commands as root
- docker >= 1.8
The OpenSVC agent must be installed, as the provisioning method exposed here creates a OpenSVC service.
This agent does not need to be registered on the
The agent installation instructions are accessible at https://docs.opensvc.com/agent.install.html.
Exposing the collector service needs either a dedicated ip address, or a cluster gateway.
Proxies and firewalls¶
HTTPS access should be allowed for:
- collector.opensvc.com (registry JWT auth)
- www.opensvc.com (evaluation license agreement download, provisioning template)
Docker registry access¶
The installation procedure requires a collector.opensvc.com account, which is free to create, to pull the collector docker images from registry.opensvc.com because this registry delegates the authentication to collector.opensvc.com.
The register form is at https://collector.opensvc.com/init/default/user/register.
Login to the OpenSVC registry
# sudo docker login registry.opensvc.com Username: <your collector login> Password: <your collector password>
# sudo docker search registry.opensvc.com/opensvc INDEX NAME DESCRIPTION STARS OFFICIAL AUTOMATED opensvc.com registry.opensvc.com/opensvc/collector_db 0 opensvc.com registry.opensvc.com/opensvc/collector_nginx 0 opensvc.com registry.opensvc.com/opensvc/collector_redis 0 opensvc.com registry.opensvc.com/opensvc/collector_web2py 0 ...
# om eval/svc/collector deploy --config https://www.opensvc.com/init/static/templates/collector.conf
The database still bootstraps for a few minutes after this command exits. An error page can be displayed in the browser while this bootstrap runs.
The default administrator account is firstname.lastname@example.org with the opensvc password.
You can now:
- register the agent on this collector, using instructions at https://docs.opensvc.com/agent.install.html.
- changes default passwords.
- add new users, remove the default admin user
- import compliance designs
- import provisioning templates
- provision a docker private registry service delegating auth to this new collector.
- provision a PowerDNS service serving the collector-maintained zones.
Enjoy the experience, and send feedback to email@example.com.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for meetings, support, training, production licenses.
End of evaluation¶
Clean up the service and data volume using the command
# om 'eval/*/collector' purge